Thursday, September 3, 2009

Six Months Post-Op -- Tennis Again!

Six months after my RPAO I am feeling good and enjoying an active summer. At this point I feel pretty much 100%, except that my fitness level is still not as high as it was pre-surgery, especially my cardiovascular endurance.

The biggest news I have is that at 5.5 months post-op I was cleared by Dr. Millis to begin playing tennis again! Finally! I have only played a few times since then but I am looking forward to getting a little more regular with the tennis this month. Very exciting indeed.

Meanwhile, I've continued to work with my trainer and increase my overall strength and endurance. I've also stepped up the cycling cardio (on a real bike this time!) over the past two weeks. All of that has been going well and the only limitations I've felt have been my fitness level, not my hips.

My left hip is still completely pain-free; I wonder if it will stay that way all the way up to its surgery date?

Speaking of LPAO, it is only two months away! Sad. It will be such a bummer to have to do all this again starting from zero again. But I am glad I took the summer off and didn't have the LPAO in July or August. It has been really great to have an active summer and enjoy the weather and my vacations. I think it would have been really tough to go through recovery in the summer when all I would want to do is run around outside. Plus those hot flashes I got from the pain killers would NOT have been welcome on a hot summer day!

1 comment:

  1. That is great news, and gives me hope from my three-week post-op perspective! Keep the positive news coming - it helps more than you know!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete